HP drives channel transformation in the hybrid work era
By Louella Fernandes on September 1, 2022
HP has demonstrated its ongoing commitment to partner growth, unveiling its latest channel strategy and SMB products and services roadmap at the HP Amplify Executive Forum Roadshow, which opened on 25th August in Palo Alto, followed by events in Dubai and Amsterdam. As hybrid work becomes embedded in business operations and security and sustainability become paramount, HP’s enhanced channel offerings aim to help partners drive deeper collaboration and capitalise on opportunities as the future of work evolves across enterprise and small business sectors.
Amidst a volatile economic climate characterised by supply chain disruption, inventory challenges and declining print volumes, manufacturers and channel partners are adapting business strategy as they seek to operate profitably to address supply chain instability and margin pressures. At the HP Amplify Executive Forum, HP CEO Enrique Lores outlined HP’s commitment to continue to support its channel, improve on supply chain execution and drive continuous innovation. The post-pandemic future of work is hybrid, personalised and equitable, with consumers and business alike adopting new buying behaviours. HP recognises that the subscription economy will underscore future success and relies on data-driven business models. This is the foundation of its subscription services offerings, such as HP Instant Ink, as well as its HP Amplify Channel Programme.
Driving personalised hybrid work experiences
With hybrid work clearly here to stay, there is an increasing need for equitable and collaborative solutions that maximise productivity. Quocirca’s forthcoming Future of Work study reveals that while remote and flexible working are becoming strongly embedded in employee culture, the physical office fosters creativity, collaboration and connection.
HP’s latest announcements support the ever-evolving needs of the hybrid workforce, while supporting businesses’ need to enhance security and drive better sustainability.
HP Personal Systems announcement highlights
- The HP Dragonfly Folio G3, which is new to the Dragonfly portfolio and combines laptop productivity with the convenience of a tablet in one device
- The HP 34” All-in-One Desktop PC, which creates a studio-like experience with support for dual video streams and camera switching
- The HP Z32k G3 4K USB-C Display, the world’s first IPS Black display with Thunderbolt 4 technology
- The AI-enhanced HP 965 4K Streaming Webcam
- Enhancements to HP Proactive Insights that empower IT to optimise the device experience for employees with the power of HP analytics
HP Printing announcement highlights
For businesses of all sizes, any reliance on printing can be costly – both financially and environmentally – and inefficient without effective print management and monitoring tools. Advanced security measures can also defend against security vulnerabilities that are inherent in today’s sophisticated connected networked printers. HP is helping businesses operate a more efficient, secure and sustainable print environment with some new offerings:
- HP Instant Ink now delivers toner to small businesses for multiple printers in multiple locations on one bill. It also offers less packaging, fewer shipments, and cartridge recycling with HP Planet Partners.
- New HP+ advanced features with the Smart Admin dashboard make printer management easier.
- The new HP LaserJet Pro 3000 and 4000 series delivers fast, multi-functional, high-performance printing.
- Security monitoring, proactive alerts and preconfigured features offer advanced security.
- Forest First with HP+ supports protecting and restoring the world’s forests with every page printed.
Supporting partner data-driven collaboration
The channel is critical to HP’s success, with the company reporting that over the past year (through to Q2 FY22), partners have achieved over $6 billion in revenue growth. HP continues to invest heavily in resources for its channel, announcing a number of new partner benefits aimed at driving greater partner collaboration, training opportunities and engagement. Of particular note are:
- HP Amplify Data Insights enhancements: Launched in 2021, HP Amplify Data Insights gives partners immediate access to a rich set of data analytics, each aimed at influencing the customer buying journey and delivering a more satisfying experience. According to HP, with 98% of its channel partners sharing data, more than 14 billion data points are updated in the platform weekly, ensuring real-time access to insights catering to each partner’s business. HP has expanded its customer-level insights available through advanced analytics. New automated tools are designed to integrate with partner sales systems, thus simplifying the way data is collected, analysed and delivered to participating partners to convert insights more easily into sales-driven actions.
- HP Amplify Impact global expansion: Launched in early 2021, HP Amplify Impact is a partner assessment, resource, and training programme that leverages HP’s extensive investments and initiatives across climate change, human rights and digital equity. HP has announced the global expansion of this programme across all markets via a phased approach over the next two years. This will allow partners of all types (resellers, retail, and distribution partners) to access the programme regardless of location.
- HP Amplify Impact Awards: HP invites partners to enter its new annual HP Amplify Impact Awards, which will celebrate partners across five categories at an awards ceremony in December 2022. Categories include the Amplify Impact Global Leader Award; Sustainability Business Award; Climate Action Award; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy Award; and HP LIFE Award.
- HP Curiocity: This new platform will roll out later in 2022, offering enhanced training, community engagement and rewards in a single programme.
As organisations accelerate their digital transformation efforts, they will demand products, services and solutions that drive collaboration, improve productivity, increase efficiencies and enhance security across a hybrid workplace.
By virtue of its broad hardware, software and solutions portfolio, HP is well positioned to capture opportunities in the evolving hybrid work era. In Quocirca’s brand perception studies, HP is consistently recognised as a technology and innovation leader, and its continuing commitment to driving innovation across its business will undoubtedly reinforce this position. This will be further bolstered by its video collaboration capabilities as a result of its acquisition of Poly, which has now completed.
In addition, its extensive partner support, will also enable its channel to move more effectively into adjacent markets. As sustainability moves higher on the business agenda, HP’s Sustainable Impact commitments are supported by a comprehensive portfolio of sustainability-led products and services that enable businesses to reduce their environmental impact.
Perhaps the strongest differentiator for HP is its data-driven approach through HP Amplify. This is fundamental to the company driving partners into new creative and dynamic ecosystems. Such ecosystems make it easier for partners to collaborate and gain deeper customer insight. As with any technology vendor collecting data through the channel, HP may face reluctance from some partners that naturally want to protect their customer relationships. However, by harnessing data, partners can deepen customer relationships and enhance long-term strategies.
Building trust will be key to success, and by establishing a focused partner experience that delivers the resources partners need to be successful, HP is on track to foster a collaborative and creative partner ecosystem.
Learn more about Quocirca’s print industry market insights
Stay ahead with industry insights
Receive Quocirca’s latest articles and research updates
You have Successfully Subscribed!
In the spotlight with Quocirca
In conversation with industry leadersFind out more
Get in touch with Quocirca to find out firstname.lastname@example.org
A global market insight studyVisit Print 2025
Expert and actionable insight to inform business innovation and strategy.